Monday 31 December 2012

Last post of 2012!.......

It's update time......been a few weeks and 25 4mm drill bits later, I think I've made some progress.

Where to start....More drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting, drilling / riveting.....................you get the message, and I haven't started the floor panel yet..that's over 200 rivets on it's own.

That said, all is looking good, and even if I say so myself, I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of the panels so far....I spent a bit of time on each panel before powder coating smoothing off edges and rounding corners, and I'm glad I did because it does make a difference to the way the car feels.








As you can see, most of the pipe work in the tunnel has been done, this includes fuel send and return, rear brake, and the coolant pipes are almost ready to slot in. 
 The gearstick shaft has been shortened and fitted.
 Thanks to John and Rachel from the Westfield club (yes, the Westfield owners do still talk to me since I defected) for the donation of some old shocks which are ideal for the build. When ready, it will be a visit to Protec for the real deal

 The handbrake poses an interesting problem with the race style seats. My plan (to keep things simple) is to simply increase the diameter of the pulley wheel for the handbrake cable which effectively keeps the cable on the floor. Once again, thanks to my dad who knocked up a nice thin pulley, and couldn't resist throwing a bearing in it to make it super smooth.



 I think that will probably do for 2012, next step really is to finish the well panels and get the floor panel in. For this I've ordered a further 200 large head rivets..happy new year to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment