Wednesday 18 December 2013

And so it continues.....

'First of all...apologies....I wrote this post some time ago, and should have been posted before the engine start post...not sure how to swap them around!'

This wiring lark really does take a while doesn't it.....

I keep wanting to move to the engine loom, but I'm determined to fully complete the rest of the wiring to a point that I never have to think about it again...Reliability is a big part of my own design brief, so simply no compromise with any of the wiring.

If you've been reading this blog for sometime, you will know that I really wanted to use the high quality fuse and relay box I removed from the Puma. At the moment, I'm still glad I pursued this route, as it's made for a good solid platform for the rest of the wiring.

This shows the main fuse box (lights, switches, etc,etc), you can also see the rear of the switch cluster which I have kept on a 'stand alone' panel with a connector - This means I can detach the lot of I need to.
 Moving to the other side of the car, the heavy stuff (starter / power / etc) is taken care of via the engine bay fuse box (from the Puma).....

Moving onto the ecu - although I've not started it's wiring, I have positioned it so I know where the loom will go. I ended up making a bracket on the passenger side which keeps the ECU easily accessible.



3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about taking a long time - my Digidash and Arduino switch controller wiring has taken a year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me feel better, although the 'finishing and tidying' is taking me ages.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. satisfying when it all works and you get to tie wrap it though ;-)

    ReplyDelete