When I embarked on this project, the main part I feared was the alloy panelling......AND I WAS RIGHT!.
I'm just not enjoying doing this bit at all...Many an evening over the last
week has been spent staring at the car for an hour with-out actually doing
anything!. Fir panel I made didn't fit as well as I wanted (I've promised
myself I will not put anything on this car I'm not happy with) and was
Anyway, after some frustrating hours, I've completed the two tunnel panels,
the Gleko pins are a god-send as they hold the panels in almost as strong as
The driver panel is fairly long as it extends down to the pedal area. this
makes handling of the alloy difficult.
Onto something a little more interesting....the throttle bodies. I seem to have
some sort of OCD when it comes to the TB's, I can't leave them alone...But,
with my new found air filters, I needed a better way to fix them to the
TB's....This alas meant different trumpets....So, I purchased (at a reasonable
£20) 2 sets of outer rubbers from a gsxr 750. The outers are actually smaller
than the inners hence why I could use them.
I think I'm happy now....but to re-cap!...Ready, take a deep
breath...........I used the blue anodised air intake that I spent hours
modifying so they would hold a back plate that would not fit, so I bought a
filter that did not use a backplate, then some different trumpets that would
fit the filter....what have I ended up with....bog standard GSXR750 trumpets
with filters designed for a GSXR750 Phew!.....Yep...I'm an
Anyway, the finished article: